That's ItaliAmore – Open House and Fundraiser
On Saturday, May 16, 2009, WineCountry.IT, L.L.C. offered 24 assorted bottles of its imported quality Italian wines to a fundraiser extravaganza at the ItaliAmore Preschool, in San Rafael, CA. The name of the preschool is a play-on-words which merges the Italian words for Italy and Love, and, as the tag line Parliamo Italiano (Let's Speak Italian) states teaches Italian to preschoolers.
Many of the children have one, and in some cases both, Italian parents, and many of the American spouses of Italian american that were present spoke actually good Italian, free of the typical funny sounds that most USA citizens make when speaking Latin languages, such as Italian, Spanish or French.
WineCountry.IT, L.L.C. is proud to have contributed to raising funds that will help the school in the continuing effort to promote knowledge of the Italian language and culture among the next generation of United States citizens.
For the occasion, WineCountry.IT, L.L.C.'s President, Loris Scagliarini, who kindly offered to to manage the wine desk, poured the following wines, which were greatly appreciated by the parents and guests who participated in the event.
- Prosecco Valdobbiadene DOC Spumante Brut – Ruio, sparkling wine from Veneto.
- Soave Classico DOC, white wine from Veneto.
- Arneis Langhe DOC, white wine from Piedmont.
- Monica di Sardegna DOC, red wine from Sardinia.
- Maremma Toscana IGT – Perbacco (Sangiovese), red wine from Tuscany.
- Penisola Sorrentina Rosso V.Q.P.R.D. and
- Lacryma Christi del Vesuvio DOC, both red wines from Campania.